You can edit your comment bank for teachers in either of the following ways (see also the video at the end of this page):
- add and edit comments while you are marking or grading
- add or edit the comment bank in Word
1. Add and edit comments to the comment bank for teachers while you are marking or grading:
- to Add a new comment to the assignment: select the A new blank comment comment > click the margin button > then enter your new comment including test, links, images or tables
- to Save a new comment in the comment bank: highlight the text of the comment or text > use the Use selected document text to: menu > select Save as a new reusable comment > enter a name for the comment
- to Edit the text of a comment that is in the comment bank for teachers: highlight the comment name in the toolbar > click the margin or text button > edit the comment in the margin or text > use the Use selected document text to: menu > select Save as a new reusable comment > the old comment name will be shown and you can overwrite it or enter a name for your edited comment
- to Delete a comment you never use: select the comment you want to delete > click the Delete comment button (red circle with a diagonal line)
2. Editing the comments and creating new comments in the comment bank for teachers document
(see also the following video) This is especially useful if you want to prepare and distribute a comment bank for teachers to adjunct grading assistants or contract markers so they can start using a common teacher comment bank of feedback. To do this:
- obtain a new comment bank for teachers document by either:
- export your current comments into a comment bank document: click the Setup tab on the toolbar > use the Manage Comment banks menu > select the Export comment bank item. This will open a new Word document and export all existing comments into a Word table with the first column containing the comment name and the second column containing the contents of the comment.
- download a blank teacher comment bank document with 1 or 2 sample comments
- you can now:
- add new comments by adding rows
- delete comments by deleting rows
- edit the name or the contents of existing comments by editing the rows
- you can then send the comment bank for teachers document to your contract markers or graders and ask them to import your new teacher comment bank. If a comment has the same name as an existing comment you will have the opportunity to overwrite the existing comment. Before they import your new teacher comment bank you may want to either:
- delete individual comments by highlighting the comment and pressing the delete symbol (red circle with a diagonal slash) or
- delete all comments by clicking the Setup tab and using the Manage Comment banks menu and selecting the Export comment bank item.
Posted in: How do I ... using eMarking Assistant?