Occasionally conflicts occur between Word add-ins and one or both add-ins will be disabled. This is very rare and I am only aware of 4 times this has occurred in more than 5 years. If this does occur the Add-Ins tab (Word 2007 or later) or the Show eMarking or eRubric toolbar option (Word 2003 or earlier) will disappear. You can confirm that the add-in has been disabled by doing the following (In Word 2007 or later):
- Using the File tab and selecting Options
- Click the Add-Ins tab and looking in the Inactive or the Disabled Application Add-ins group and looking for the eMarking Assistant.dot add-in.
You can reenable the eMarking Assistant.dot Add-in by
- using the Manage dropdown menu at the bottom of the page and selecting Templates then clicking Go…
- Placing a tick next to eMarking Assistant.dot and clicking OK
- You should now see the Add-ins tab containing the Show eMarking or eRubric toolbar option
If the eMarking Assistant.dot Add-in becomes disabled again you should arrange a time for an online support session or send the list of active add-ins to info@eMarkingAssistant.com and we will investigate the issue.
Posted in: Support and trouble shooting